Sunday, October 9, 2011

PE2_ iMovie "Ducking Audio"



I know what your thinking, what the heck is ducking? It's not when somebody wants you to not get your head knocked off so you squat really fast like on action movies....... It's when  you go to Full Sail University and you get assigned home work to make a movie using your cool new Mac Book Pro (deigned by the "god" of technology STEVE JOBS, former C.E.O. of Apple). So you have to do this in a software program called iMovie and this is a screenshot above of what I just designed. I decided instead of just a simple slide show, I wanted to add two different types of music. So I did, and one is an overlay on top of another. To get rid of the back ground noise I used ducking, and I learned how to do this by using my epass in our schools online library (www.lynda.com). I love my homework, and i love shooting movies. The tutorials were very clear, and I could do my assignment while listening to the tutorial at the same time. It's like when you watch a cooking show simultaneously while you cook in your kitchen to Paula Dean on the food network. But if you don't want to eat the entire stick of butter, you don't have to. You just tweek and bend and play with your iMovie as much, or as little in your background noise as you want using "ducking". And it doesn't even quack! Night y'all, and hope you have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment