Sunday, October 9, 2011

BP4 My review of iMovie


Greetings,
My review of iMovie is based on my learning curve of the software program. Having access to Lynda.com tutorials made my assignment less stressful. I wish we as grad. Students in the EMDT program would’ve had the option to take this course first. If we had allowed this option our portfolio would be so much more organized. With this organization we would be seen from the public eye as a more professional and polished student body. If I would’ve had the opportunity to watch these tutorials in month one who knows how much better my previous movies might have been? My assignments using iMovie would have been so much better than they were.  I would not have beaten my head against my desk so often. Seriously, this class has taught me so much that I can use. Now I can really take iMovie seriously because I can use it. I can make visually professional movies I can use in my classroom with my students.  Before I would spend hours trying to figure out what the heck to do with my clips. Now I can reduce background distractions in audio with the “ducking” feature & I really love this. Lots of times in the past I needed this because my voice would become lost. Adding still photography shots & slide shows is another new thing for me. But now I understand how to create this. Before that was not an option for me to be able to figure out…… I would just give up after an hour of effort and aggravation. The reason I am excited about this is I can create a Claymation movie from my 4 year old students creations. We can make stages for our clay creatures with paper, gator core, and foam core sets. Sculpture and three-dimensional forms is going to be a new experience for them. Usually we paint and cut out our art, and we make mobiles. Sometimes we tie in our art lessons to our letter of the week, and painting makes the phonics fun, and kinesthetic awareness. Regardless, I have continued to grow and learn using technology via Lynda.com. I will review these at times when individualized assignments present themselves in my future assignments. Thank you Garrick Chow for your Lynda.com tutorials, and thank you Steve Jobs for creating & directing my awesome online grad. School. Full Sail University will not be the same without you…….     

Rest in Peace

Words from Steve Jobs from a you tube interview at a Ivy League school last year:     No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment